Founded by Dr. Rudolf Hauschka and Elisabeth Sigmund
DR HAUSCHKA ETHOS
Dr. Hauschka skin care has over 50 years of pioneering work in authentic holistic skin care, crafting effective natural and organic skin care products. Formulations are created using the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for high vitality biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested botanical ingredients. Product efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, application techniques, rhythmic processes, daily skin care rituals and care concept, plus our unique oil-free night care concept to wake with revitalised and refreshed skin in the morning.
Luxurious and performance skin care that delivers results while encouraging and supporting a healthy functioning, balanced, toned and radiant skin. Dr. Hauschka has an extensive face care range, including the Regenerating range to provide specific support for maturing skin, a substantial body care range and make-up.
Dr. Rudolf Hauschka asked the philosopher, Rudolf Steiner, what is the meaning of life? Steiner said “Study rhythms, rhythms are the carrier of life.” This was the impetus behind Dr. Hauschka discovering our unique rhythmitising method, which we still use today, whereby he was able to preserve an extract of roses without alcohol. Hauschka’s quest to preserve vital botanical extracts with this method was the beginning of WALA Medicines in 1935.
Many years later, Viennese researcher, developer and esthetician Elisabeth Sigmund, was developing her own skin care using some of WALA’s preparations. Dr. Hauschka invited Elisabeth to join the team and develop a skin care range along similar principles as WALA natural medicines. The first products were launched originally under the name Elisabeth Sigmund Healing Cosmetics in 1967, changing to the name Dr. Hauschka some time later. Our co-founder Elisabeth Sigmund once said: “People need two kinds of beauty – inner and outer.” And we truly believe this: if you care for your skin with precious natural and organic skin care, look after yourself and find your inner balance, this is also reflected in your outer appearance.
WHAT MAKES YOU GREEN
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Truly 100% natural and/or organic skin care and make-up, NATRUE certified.
- Free from synthetic chemical fragrances, colours and preservatives.
- Free from mineral oils, silicone and PEGs.
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin.
- No animal testing.
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic cultivation, and are recovered under fair conditions .
- We have our own biodynamic (Demeter certified) medicinal plant gardens which have been cultivated with biodynamic principles for over 70 years.
- We have our own fields nearby which are also biodynamically cultivated (Demeter certified).
- Some plant ingredients only retain their high vitality growing wild, these we responsibly wild-harvest.
- For those raw ingredients that flourish in different climates we work closely with cultivation partnerships worldwide, that hold the same values. In some cases we have instigated and financed cultivation partnership projects.
THE DR HAUSCHKA MAGIC
Our most iconic product is Rose Day Cream. It's highly concentrated, the equivalent of 30 organic or biodynamic roses in every tube. We sell 2 tubes of Rose Day Cream per minute worldwide. We purchase the highest quantity of the world's highest grade organic rose essential oil, which comes from our biodynamic or organic cultivation partnership projects in Ethiopia, Iran and Afghanistan.
Co-founder Elisabeth Sigmund also developed the Dr. Hauschka Classic Facial Treatment. A facial treatment that leaves you with a sense of deep relaxation along with deeply cleansed and balanced skin. It begins with an aromatic foot bath to take the energy away from your head and busy thoughts and takes you on a 2 hour journey.